If you have further questions, learn more in our Frequently Asked Questions area.
Single Individual Season Overview
What do you get?
- Organized Group Training Club
- Training Coaches, personalized assistance
- Informational & Training clinics & seminars
- Team Technical Training / Racing Shirt*
- Organized & Mapped runs throughout San Diego County
- Training Program & Training Calendar
- Exclusive App
- Discounted Race Entries, Where available.
- NOTE: Currently there are no discounts to Carlsbad, La Jolla or the AFC Half Marathons.
- Weekly Happy Hour
- Monthly Social Events
- Satisfaction of achieving your goals
- A new group of friends.
- Training based on running 4-5x days per week
- Group runs 2x per week (Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings)
- Individual runs 2-3x per week – on your own
- Informational sessions and clinics
When & Where?
- Every Tuesday evening, 6:15 PM – Costal, Mission Bay Area, Balboa Park
- Every Saturday morning, 7:15 AM – Throughout SD County*
- Informal group runs can be organized too
- We make an effort to switch up where we run to keep things fresh and new. Most runs take place in center San Diego (Mission Bay Area, Balboa Park, North Park)
- Running 101
- Equipment & Shoes
- Running Biomechanics & Injury Prevention
- Functional Strength Training & Stretching (w/ Advanced Stretch Sessions)
- Endurance Nutrition (w/ Detailed Nutrition Sessions)
- Sports Massage & Body Care
- Sports Acupuncture
- And more . . .
See our Date & Prices page for specifics on each season.
*Technical training jersey – you will receive one tech training shirt for each individual program you join. If you sign up for a Combo Season, you will get two shirts.
Dual Season Extended Training Program
We also have a Dual program starting in either the Winter, or the Spring. The Winter program (Nov-Jun) is perfect for those who want an extended program for the Rock n Roll race (Half or Full). The Spring program (Feb-Aug) is perfect for those who want extended training that starts after the new year. New Years Resolution, anyone?Is your goal to run a full marathon? Is a traditional 12-week training program not long enough for you? Do you want the extra assurance of sufficient and injury-free training to complete a full marathon? Or do you just love the Black Flag Running Club so much that you want to just keep running with us? The Black Flag Running Club has a program for you!
Triple Season Ultra-Extended Training Program
This is the crown jewel! An all-out ultra-extended 42 week training program for all three major half marathon races making up the “Triple Crown” including the Carlsbad Half, La Jolla Half and AFC Half Marathons. You also have the option to do SD Half and Rock n Roll Half (or Full) marathons as well. Basically, you’re in the club for 8 months straight and you can choose your races. This is the perfect program if you are a newer runner and wish to do your first Triple Crown race series, or if you are a seasoned runner who just loves to keep on training and racing!