Spring 2023: Full and Half Marathon Season
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Registration is Open: Spring Season 2023 (20 Weeks)
- San Diego Holiday Half Marathon (12/17/22)
Who and When:
- All levels of Runners: Beginner, Intermediate & PR Chasers (Advanced Level)
- First Group Run on Tuesday, 1/17/23
- Season Kick and OrientationTuesday, 1/17/23 at South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
Prices & Dates:
- $140 – Early Bird, ends 12/30/22
- $150 – Regular Rate, ends 1/30/23
Come see what we are all about and run the first 2 weeks for free:
- Tue 1/17/23 @ 6:15pm @ South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
- Sat 1/21/23 @ 7:15am @ Liberty Station: 2753 Cushing Rd San Diego
- Tue 1/24/23 @6:15pm @ Liberty Station: 2753 Cushing Rd San Diego
- Sat 1/28/23 @ 7:15am @South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
Black Flag Running Club – Facebook page (like and follow)
Black Flag Running Club – Facebook group (join and follow)
We ask that if you do come out for one of our runs that you follow the Community Guidelines.
One of the keys to our club's success has been our ability to create a sense of community with our runners.
Training for races can be hard work. But surrounding yourself with a community of people who are invested in your success will help you through those long miles and hold you accountable for your training. It's also more fun!
In an effort to foster this sense of community, we get social.
After most Tuesday runs we coordinate a place to meet for happy hour. This is a great way to meet new people, talk about your next big race and make sure your running buddy is going to be there on Saturday. Each person is responsible for the cost of their own food and drink.
Once a month we coordinate a social event that often, but not always, takes place on a Saturday evening. These social events can be anything from karaoke night, movies in the park or a dance party, but it's always a good time.
Before most of the big races in San Diego, we will coordinate a pasta dinner someplace near the packet pickup location. This has become a standing tradition for the team and is open to friends and family.
We recognize that building a sense of community expands beyond just our group of runners. A few times a year we will have opportunities for our runners to give back through different organized volunteer activities.