Free Runs and Test Drive Us Before Joining
Spring 2023: Full and Half Marathon Season
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Registration is Open: Spring Season 2023 (20 Weeks)
- San Diego Holiday Half Marathon (12/17/22)
Who and When:
- All levels of Runners: Beginner, Intermediate & PR Chasers (Advanced Level)
- First Group Run on Tuesday, 1/17/23
- Season Kick and OrientationTuesday, 1/17/23 at South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
Prices & Dates:
- $140 – Early Bird, ends 12/30/22
- $150 – Regular Rate, ends 1/30/23
Come see what we are all about and run the first 2 weeks for free:
- Tue 1/17/23 @ 6:15pm @ South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
- Sat 1/21/23 @ 7:15am @ Liberty Station: 2753 Cushing Rd San Diego
- Tue 1/24/23 @6:15pm @ Liberty Station: 2753 Cushing Rd San Diego
- Sat 1/28/23 @ 7:15am @South Mission Beach: 339 N Jetty Rd, San Diego
Other Need to Know Information:
NEW this Season 5K &10K Program: We are offering for the first-time ever a new program to help people get ready for their first 5K or 10K. We believe running should be accessible to anyone that wants to put in the work and we understand a half marathon might be a lot for someone new to commit to. This new program will now offer a point of entry for anyone that’s wants to give it a shot.
Happy Hours: We will be coordinating weekly happy hours every Tuesday as part of the regular season-based restaurants and bars being able to host outside seating. We do ask that you follow all CDC guidelines when participating.
Social Events: We will be continuing to host monthly social events throughout the season based on venue availability and offering of an outside option. We do ask that you follow all CDC guidelines when participating.
Aid Stations: We will be offering aid stations once our Saturday runs get a little longer. The aid stations will be supplied with sanitizer. Cups will also be provided at the aid station however it’s recommended you carry your own hydration bottle on your runs especially as summer temperatures set in.
Keys and Jackets: At the start of the season, we will not be offering bins to hold your keys and jackets on our runs. As the season progresses, we might reintroduce this service but no times lines have been set.
Discounts: As always if you shop at Road Runner Sports, they will continue to offer discounts on your purchases if you tell them, you are part of Black Flag Running Club. We will also be coordinating with San Diego’s Race Directors throughout the season and pass on all discount codes we are able to obtain.
Black Flag Running Club – Facebook page (like and follow)
Black Flag Running Club – Facebook group (join and follow)
We ask that if you do come out for one of our runs that you follow the Community Guidelines.
We’re one of the few clubs in San Diego that keeps our doors open for a full two weeks into the training season for you to have a chance to come check us out! Here's the group meeting schedule for the first 2 weeks so you can join us as you wish.
- On the first Tuesday, the coaches are onsite early at 6:00 pm to answer questions for anyone who missed the main Kick Off Party and Orientation the week prior. Spread the word and bring a friend!
- On the first Saturday, for our Weekend Warriors who can’t make Tuesday nights, the coaches are onsite at 7:00 am to answer questions for anyone who missed the main Kick Off Party and Orientation and the Re-orientation. The club will be in operation (and will have left for their run at 7:15 am) so you will see and meet the team as they return from their run around 8:15-8:30 am.
- On the second/last Saturday, we'll have one last “Open House” Orientation including a group run, social potluck and clinic “Introduction to Long Distance Running”.
FREE RUNS - Test Drive Us Before You Join
See our Calendar
** Also see our pre-training page for more FREE runs to help get a jump on the season.