NEED TO KNOW: Week 10
Saturday @ 7:15am - Along Bird Rock (from La Jolla Shores)
- Meet: La Jolla Shores at Kellogg Park - http://bit.ly/16dNaQO
- Map: Click
- Coffee Hour - Social: Brick & Bell Cafe, 928 Silverado St., La Jolla, CA 92037 After our run, we will head over to Brick & Bell Cafe for Coffee Hour which is located 2 miles from Kellogg Park.
Social Events: Click
I hope everyone is having an awesome New Years. We are officially back after it as we prepare for the race which is only a few weeks away. We have an awesome long run set for this weekend, get excited.
Black Flag Running Club - Spring (and Summer) Season is Open and Early Bird in effect!
Tell your friends! It is the perfect excuse to stick to their New Year’s Resolutions! Our next training season is posted online and taking signups. This is our Spring Season for the La Jolla Half and/or Rock n Roll Half/Full marathons.
This Week’s Training
We are in Week 10 and ramping up to our LONG run of the season this weekend. I'll put more info out on the long run separately. It's one of the more important runs for Half Marathon training. Keep all of your runs solid and strong. We will integrate our Tempo Runs for Tuesday. Specific training notes are:
- Run/Walk Group: Nothing new with intervals, still up at 2/8 and 2/13 (There will be one final transition next week LONGEST run of 130min this weekend.
- Intermediate Group: Nothing New this week but stay solid, steady pace runs. Tue will be another Tempo Interval run. Saturday up to 13mi easy Long Run.
- SD Half Group: Week 10 out of 18 weeks, Cycle 3 of 4. Long run will be 10-11mi this weekend.
- PR Chasers Group: Running Strong! 6mi Tempo Run Tuesday, and 5k RP Intervals
Upcoming Group Runs & Clinics
Below are the run maps and the group run locations. At the very bottom of this email are detailed instructions on the meeting locations.
SATURDAY @ 7:15AM - ALONG BIRD ROCK (FROM LA JOLLA SHORES)
We will arrive 15-20 minutes before each group run to make ourselves available for questions, tips, etc.. We also plan to stay afterwards for as long as it takes to do the same. This means I'll be at Tuesday runs by 6 PM and the Saturday runs at 7 AM.
Please let us know if you have questions.
Have a great week everyone!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
La Jolla Shores / Kellogg Park
8300 Camino Del Oro, San Diego, CA 92037
Get down into La Jolla Shores area from the 52. North on La Jolla Shores, left on Calle Frescota right into the Kellogg Park / La Jolla Shores parking lot. We’ll be in the Northeast corner of the park, alongside the parking lot. There are restrooms & water fountains at either end of the parking lot.