NEED TO KNOW: Week 17
Tuesday @ 6:15 PM - Scavenger Hunt @ QUARTYARD
- Meet: Quartyard: 1301 Market San Diego CA 92101
- Parking: Street Parking is free after 6pm
- BRING YOUR PHONE
SATURDAY @ 7:15AM - THE SAN DIEGO JUNKET “LONG” RUN
Everyone has been training so hard and putting in the hard work in preparation for your next big race. As part of all successful training approach, you need to find a balance between putting in the level of effort that's required and feeding your passion for the sport. The reality is the best-laid training program don't mean anything if you can't bring yourself to do it. This weeks core focus is "Making Running Fun Again". We hope this past Saturdays social events and this week running adventure reignites the FUN FACTOR for you and you feel good as we knocking out some of the longest miles of the season.
Scavenger Hunt at the Quartyard
This Tuesday we are going off schedule and going to have a little fun with our run. We are meeting at a new location the Quartyard downtown at 1301 Market St San Diego CA 92101. The Quartyard is located in the middle of downtown so you might want to give yourself a little extra time to find parking and make your way over. Just a heads up that parking is going to be fun, It's recommended finding street parking which is free at all meters after 6pm.
The general plan for the scavenger hunt is going to go down like this. We are going to break up into teams of 4 people. Once we start the hunt I will supply you with a list of locations and or items to find in the downtown area. You will then have 90 min to go find as many of the items on the list as possible and obtain as many points as you can.
The team with the most points at the end will be the crowed the 2023 "WE RUN THIS TOWN" award and 1 round of beers on the coach.
- Teams must stay together for the entire scavenger hunt period.
- 2 people on each team must be wearing a Black Flag Shirt or deduct 40 points. If 3 of the 4 wear Black Flag Shirts add 20 points.
- All photos must be posted to the Instagram account @BlackFlagRunningClub, use hashtag #makingrunningfunagain2023 and your team's name #tag
- Photos will include all members of your team.
- Members must run to all of the destinations and locations.
- All rulings by the coach are final, basically, if you find a way to bend the rules and not follow the spirit of the event is to the coaches discretion on what happens.
All the details will be on the scavenger hunt list. Most importantly be safe, follow all traffic laws and never assume a car sees you.
THIS WEEK’S TRAINING
We are in Week 17, so plan your runs based on the training schedules. Continuing from last week, we’re still UP this week. Everyone’s weekly mileage should be overall higher for the entire week.
- R/W Half – Moving UP to the last interval group of 1/9 or 1/14 – congrats!!! Long run is up to 140-150 min this weekend.
- R/W Full – Moving UP to the last interval group of 1/9 or 1/14 – congrats!!! Long run is up to 210-220 min this weekend!
- Intermediate Half – No Change from last week. LR is up to 12-14mi.
- Intermediate Full – No Change from last week. LR is up to 20-22mi.
- Advanced Full – No Change from last week. LR is up to 22-24mi.
Upcoming Group Runs & Clinics
Below are the run maps* and the group run locations. At the very bottom of this email are detailed instructions on the meeting locations.
Tuesday @ 6:15 PM - Scavenger Hunt @ QUARTYARD
Starting at QuartYard at 6:15pm located at 1301 Market St for a fun Scavenger hunt. Full details of the scavenger hunt will be presented the day of teh run. all you need to do is show up ready to run and bring a phone.
- Meet: QuartYard - 1301 Market St San Diego CA 92101
- PARKING: Street Parking is free after 6pm
Saturday @ 7:15am - The San Diego Junket “LONG” Run
Simple. . . It’s just a big-ass, long run! It covers Crown Point, Ocean Beach, Pt. Loma, Downtown, Old Town and Mission Bay and it based on an old San Diego favorite “Tour of San Diego” - named for obvious reasons. The transition from Ocean Beach to Pt. Loma is up and over a road called “Hill Street” :) The extended 22.5 mi option goes further into downtown, then UP A St andUP into Balboa Park for additional mileage and hills.
- Meet: Crown Point Shores – http://bit.ly/egv7B7
- Map: Junket 20.0mi version: http://bit.ly/1j4zi3Y
- Map: Junket 22.5mi version: http://bit.ly/1j4zuQL
- Map: Half Marathoner’s, 12-14mi: http://bit.ly/jnKsTq (Out and Back)
Please let us know if you have questions.
See ya out there!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
There is no other way to put this other than parking is going to suck. We only do one run a year like this so we will have to try and make due. All street parking is free after 6pm, i think we will be OK and not have to pay for parking. Just plan on walking a few extra blocks.
Crown Point Shores Park (Southern Lot)
3550 Crown Point Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 - (Address is not exact)
We'll meet at the Southern end of the most Southern parking lot in the grass area along the edge of the lot, closest to Ingram Street bridge. Plenty of parking lot parking. There is a set of restrooms and water fountains in this end too.