NEED TO KNOW: Week 9
Tuesday @ 6:15pm - County Admin Building / Water Front Park
- Meet: County Admin Building – 1675 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
- Free Parking Starts at 6pm
- Happy Hour: Waterfront - 2044 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Map: Click
Saturday @ 7:15am - Torrey Pines Gliderport
This is a run we've done in the past, albeit infrequently and I look forward to getting your feedback. In preparation for SD Half, we will be taking on the Torey Pines Hill. It's going to be a hard run but super rewarding.
- Meet: Gliderport La Jolla 2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr La Jolla CA 92037 - https://tinyurl.com/yag8yfje
- Map: Route
- Coffee Hour: Cliff Hanger Cafe: 2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037. - https://tinyurl.com/yag8yfje
- Pasta Party SD Half: Mazara Trattoria Friday 3/25/22 @ 6:15pm
- Cheer Station: Downtown Mile 12 - 3/27/22 @ 8:30am
- After Party: Werewolf 3/27/22 @ 10:00 am
This weekends social event (Punch Bowl) was a blast and it was great to see all the runners who made it out. It was a great opportunity to meet or get to know your fellow runners better. If you missed it, don't worry we will have a new social event every month for the rest of the season assuming we can find places to host us. Hope to see all of you at the next one!
We are in recovery mode this week if you are running the SD Half which means all the runs drop the their level of intensity and we are doing easy mileage. Remember recovery periods are just as important as the long runs. Follow your training plan and you will be on a plan for success.
This Week’s Training
We are in Week 9, so plan your runs based on the training schedules.Overall, solid, steady state runs are on schedule and this is the last BIG push of this training cycle before a recovery week. Some notable items for each group:
- Interval Run/Walkers – Nothing new this week in interval times or mid-week runs. Intervals are 2/3 and 2/8 now and long run will be up to 110min
- Intermediate HALF – No change from last week – all runs still to be solid and steady but generally EASY. Long run will be up to 8-10mi. All mid-week runs in the 5mi range. All runs are still EASY (Novice) to Steady State (Intermediate)
- Intermediate FULL – No Change overall. All runs are still EASY (Novice) to Steady State (Intermediate). Mid-weekruns in the 5-6mi range and Long Run is up to 11-12mi.
- PR Chasers FULL - Tuesday will be a longer Tempo Run (E2 + LT5), Thursday includes 10k RP intervals and Long Run builds to 15mi Easy.
We will arrive 15-20 minutes before each group run to make ourselves available for questions, tips, etc.. We also plan to stay afterward for as long as it takes to do the same. This means I'll be at Tuesday runs by 6 PM and the Saturday runs by 7 AM.
As always, please let us know if you have questions.
See you tomorrow!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
County Admin Building @ Waterfront Park
1675 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 - (Address is not exact)
We will be meeting at the fountain on the west side of the county admin building. Street parking is free after 6 pm so park wherever you can find a spot. There is generally parking around on both N Harbor Drive and Pacific Coast Highway. There is a set of restrooms and water fountains in this area too. 1675 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 921
Torrey Pines Gliderport
2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr, La Jolla CA 92037
The Gliderport is a dirt lot overlooks Blacks Beach. Once you enter the parking lot you can go immediately to the left or go straight. Continue going straight about 100 feet and we will meet on the left-hand side in the clearing area. You can park anywhere in the dirt lot. The bathrooms on site are porta-potties so officially there are facilities but they are not great. You will also want to bring water with you as I am not sure about water. fountains. https://tinyurl.com/yag8yfje