NEED TO KNOW: Week 11
Saturday @ Mission Trails
- If at any time during the quartine period if the location is closed or has limited access we should follow all of the guidelines provided by the federal, state and local authorities. In short, things are moving fast so if you get to a location and it says stay out, you should do so.
- Meet: Mission Trails 880 Bushy Hill Dr. Santee 92071
- Map1: Click
- Map 2: Click
- Strava (1/2 Marathon): Click
- Strava (Marathon): Click
Social Events: Cancelled TBD
NEW Treadmill Workout 1.2: Click
NEW Core Workout: Click
NEW Dynamic Stretching Video: Click
NEW Cooldown Stretching Video: Click
How is everyone doing? I hope you're not losing your mind like I am. LOL
This Saturday we are at Mission Trails but don't worry we are not going onto the trails because they are closed but we are going to run on the street through the park. This is going to be a big run with some big hills but I think you are ready,
Have a great run this week and we will see you on Monday morning with a new video.
Interval Groups = Split-Off Half vs. Full
Starting in Week 11 (Phase 3) the Beginner / Interval half vs full marathoners finally split off from each other in overall weekly minutes, primarily in the Saturday long runs. The half marathoners will continue a very gradual increase and level-off, while the full marathoners will continue on a more rapid increase. For instance, in 2 weeks, the half marathoners will do 110min while the full marathoners will do 130min. Similarly, mid-week runs differ by 10min each. NOTE: The intervals remain the same for both A and B groups.
This Week’s Training
We are in Week 9 and beginning Phase 3 of the training. That means we’re back UP this week in both intensity and overall weekly mileage. After a recovery week, you should be ready to get back out there with our longest training runs of the season coming this weekend. Some notable items for each group:
- Run/Walkers (ALL) – Nothing new this week in interval times or mid-week runs. Intervals are still 1/4 and 1/9 this week.
- Run/Walkers (Half) – No change from last week in Days/Times. Long run will be UP to 110-130min
- Run/Walkers (Full) – No change from last week in Days/Times. Long run will be UP to 120-130min
- Intermediate HALF – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to 11 mi.
- Intermediate FULL – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to 14 mi.
- Advanced Runners – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to a 18mi EZ run.
Upcoming Group Runs & Clinics
Below are the run maps and the group run locations. At the very bottom of this post are detailed instructions on the meeting locations.
Saturday @ - Mission Trails
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
See you tomorrow!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
880 Bushy Hill Dr., Santee, CA 92071
We will be meeting in the dirt parking lot on the Santee side of Mission