NEED TO KNOW: Week 9
New Location: Saturday @ 7:15 am - Function Smart PT to Torrey Pines
- Meet: Function Smart Physical Therapy: 10803 Vista Sorrento Parkway San Diego 92121
- BLK FLG RC Shirt Saturdays
Next Week FREE Extra Runs: RAGNAR TRAINING (Starts Monday @ 6:15pm)
- Monday, March 19 @ 6:15pm
- Tuesday, March 20 @ 6:15am
- Tuesday, March 20 @ 6:15pm
Social Events: Click
Good Morning team,
We have a great run setup for this weekend. This will be a brand new run location and if you are doing the La Jolla Half this will be your first introduction to Torrey Pines hill. It's going to be a changing but fun run.
It looks like we are going to miss the rain for our run but you can follow the hour by hour forecast at the link below. Remeber we run in the rain. They don't cancel races because of the rain so we don't cancel our runs either.
WE NEED YOUR HELP: Locations for upcoming events
Every year we host two events (Movie Night & End of Season Award Ceremony) and we are in search of a location. If your apartment building has a community room we can use or you know someone that owns a Bar/Resturant that might be willing to host our group please let me know. I can fill you in on all the details. Please email me at coach@BlackFlagRunningClub.com
This Week’s Training
We are in Week 9, so plan your runs based on the training schedules.Overall, solid, steady state runs are on schedule and this is the last BIG push of this training cycle before a recovery week. Some notable items for each group:
- Interval Run/Walkers – Nothing new this week in interval times or mid-week runs. Intervals are 2/3 and 2/8 now and long run will be up to 110min
- Intermediate HALF – No change from last week – all runs still to be solid and steady but generally EASY. Long run will be up to 8-10mi. All mid-week runs in the 5mi range. All runs are still EASY (Novice) to Steady State (Intermediate)
- Intermediate FULL – No Change overall. All runs are still EASY (Novice) to Steady State (Intermediate). Mid-weekruns in the 5-6mi range and Long Run is up to 11-12mi.
- PR Chasers FULL - Tuesday will be a longer Tempo Run (E2 + LT5), Thursday includes 10k RP intervals and Long Run builds to 15mi Easy.
Upcoming Group Runs & Clinics
Below are the run maps* and the group run locations. At the very bottom of this email are detailed instructions on the meeting locations.
Saturday @ 7:15am - Function Smart PT to Torrey Pines
This is a new run for us. We will leave Function Smart and head under the bridge to Sorrento Valley Parkway then make our way to the top of Torrey Pines. It’s an Out & Back, so turn around where your schedules tells you, but you can easily get all the way to the end of Torrey Pines and the Golf Course to cove your 15mi run, or further if you wish.
- Meet: Function Smart PT: Function Smart - 10803 Vista Sorrento Pkwy San Diego CA 92121
- Run: To Torrey Pines from Function Smart - https://www.strava.com/routes/12233220
Clinics & Social, Saturday
- 7:15a - Clinic “Facility Tour” at Function Smart http://www.functionsmart.com/
We'll usually arrive 15-20 minutes before each group run to make ourselves available for questions, tips, whatever. We also plan to stay afterwards for as long as it takes to do the same. This means I'll be at Tuesday runs around 5:45 PM and the Saturday runs at 7:15 AM.
As always, please let us know if you have questions.
See ya out there!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
Function Smart - 10803 Vista Sorrento Pkwy San Diego CA 92121
The building is on the corner of Sorrento Velley BLVD and Vista Sorrento PKWY. Parking is avaiable behind the building.