NEED TO KNOW: Week 12
Saturday @ 7:15am - Long Bird Rock (from La Jolla Shores)
Social Events: Click Updated
Schedule: Click Updated
This is going to be a fun weekend as we have 2 teams representing at So Cal Ragnar this weekend. Best of luck to all of you and post lots of pictures. As for the rest of you, we have the longest run of the season before La Jolla Half Marathon and will be covering the last part of the course.
Have a great run this weekend no matter where you are running.
Unique Saturday Run
This Saturday is going to be a little different than most of our Saturday runs because if Ragnar. There are a few important items we want to bring to your attention.
- Coach Shelsea will be leading the team this Saturday. Coach Yayoi and Coach Aaron will be running Ragnar which takes us out of the mix but you are in good hands.
- No Aid Station this weekend. There are several water fountains and bathrooms along this weekends course but if you are worried about it we encourage you to run with whatever aid you need.
- We are having a HARD cutoff time on Saturday. The cutoff time will be 9:45am which means you will need to be back at the meeting spot no later than 9:45 am to get your keys. This should be plenty of time for everyone to get their mileage in. If you are planning on running more or staying out longer please take your keys with you.
This Week’s Training
We are in Week 12 and beginning Phase 3 of the training. That means we’re back UP again this week in both intensity and overall weekly mileage. After a recovery week, you should be ready to get back out there with our longest training runs of the season coming this weekend. Some notable items for each group:
- Run/Walkers (ALL) – Nothing new this week in interval times or mid-week runs. Intervals are still 2/3 and 2/8 this week.
- Run/Walkers (Half) – No change from last week in Days/Times. Long run will be UP to 100-110min
- Run/Walkers (Full) – No change from last week in Days/Times. Long run will be UP to 120-130min
- Intermediate HALF – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to 9-10 mi.
- Intermediate FULL – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to 12-13 mi.
- PR Chasers – No changes to mid-week runs. Long run will be UP to a 15-16mi EZ run.
Upcoming Group Runs & Clinics
Below are the run maps* and the group run locations. At the very bottom of this email are detailed instructions on the meeting locations.
Saturday @ 7:15 am - Along Bird Rock (from La Jolla Shores)
Starting at La Jolla Shores Park, run South through the side streets of La Jolla, North PB and down into Mission Beach. It’s an out & back, so turn-around at your prescribed mileage.
- Meet: La Jolla Shores / Kellogg Park - http://bit.ly/16dNaQO
- Map: Along Bird Rock, up to 21mi RT - http://bit.ly/1d33W6y
Please let us know if you have questions.
See ya out there!
Detailed Meeting Locations
This is where we will meet on Tuesday and/or Saturday. Don’t get lost :)
La Jolla Shores / Kellogg Park
8300 Camino Del Oro, San Diego, CA 92037
Get down into La Jolla Shores area from the 52. North on La Jolla Shores, left on Calle Frescota right into the Kellogg Park / La Jolla Shores parking lot. We’ll be in the Northeast corner of the park, alongside the parking lot. There are restrooms & water fountains at either end of the parking lot.